The last time I updated our blog, we were beside ourselves about what we're doing next. Jamesdon and I felt like we had two choices and we were divided on which one was the right one. I felt an overwhelming sense that I needed to come back home to start work, and Jamesdon had an incredible peace with me staying here with our family and allowing God to continue to provide for our family. After taking time to really seek God and talking with family and friends at home, I was reminded of our very first reaction to this situation when it first arose last summer…
we are going to do this as a family! 

So Jamesdon and I went to work, making phone calls, writing our Congress woman, writing letters to expedite the process, and began trying to “fix” what was happening. The potential financial burden on our family was weighing heavy on me, but Jamesdon remained confident that God would provide. I figured that I would just continue to extend my leave of absence on a month to month basis and hope that we could finalize this whole thing quickly...
…because God is totally capable of doing that, right?!

It was very soon after  brought to my attention that , me taking a leave of absence on a month to month basis is preventing the school from hiring a teacher to take over my position, and finding a long-term sub for a high school Chemistry class  is not easy to come by. At this point, I definitely knew I was not ready to come home immediately, and really had no idea how much longer this process was going to take, so I made a professional decision to put in my leave of absence for the remainder of the year. Talk about a LEAP OF FAITH! 

Immediately after making this decision, God started to “show-off”! We literally woke up the next morning to a message saying that we had a received a very generous  anonymous cashier’s check to support our family. CRAZY!

What I realized then was that God was just waiting for us to stop trying to “fix” this and to trust in Him to provide what we need. That first check wasn't the start of God’s provisions for our family and was definitely not the end. Since making that decision, I no longer feel torn between going home and staying here, but have put both feet in allowing Jamesdon and I to focus on being present here. 

Once we made the decision to stay, options seemed to open up left and right, from ministry work to paying job opportunities. After a lot of prayer and continued encouragement and financial provision, we felt that God was definitely calling us to do ministry here.

When it was all said and done, we felt like we were being called to serve beside Pastor Alex and Millie Ojera, a couple that has become our family here in Uganda. They have a network of churches in Luwero District and many other projects/ministries, one of which is a very quickly growing school. We have said many times how much we would love to work with them, but I up until now, they only had a Primary School, and weren't really in need of our particular skill sets. But guess what… they have a secondary school that began last year! Looks like I am going to teach Chemistry again!

Jamesdon, along with his role with align, has made a commitment to become more active in worship for our church in Kampala, which many people here are VERY excited about! 

It is amazing how many doors God has opened to us now that we have decided to stay, but really when I look back I realize that all of these doors have been open, we just finally decided to walk through them! So it looks like we are going to be here awhile!

If you’d like to unite with us in this undertaking you may send your financial blessings to: C/O Andrew Galbreath 354 Avocado Street #16 Costa Mesa, CA 92627 Please make checks payable to "Jamesdon and/or Coryn Kissling"


A window into our adventure that is UGANDA